Siri Marine, based in Appingedam (The Netherlands), provides worldwide services to the offshore, shipping and shipbuilding industries. The services include: development, implementation and operation of motion/condition monitoring systems for a large variety of vessels, heavy lift, heavy transport, towing and salvage operations as well as Decision Support Systems (Weather Dependent Lashing) for RoRo vessels and ferries. Under the new MO4 label a revolutionary motion forecasting service is being introduced to the maritime and offshore industry.
We are looking for a “Project Engineer “
Siri Marine is looking for a Project Engineer who prefers a mix of theory and fieldwork, who enjoys working in a small team and who wants to give his/her input in to the further development of our systems and services.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Installation onboard vessel, platforms and during salvage operations.
- Monitoring the progress of the projects and ability to deal with ad hoc needs of the projects.
- Drafting manuals for our systems and writing cargo securing manuals for Ro-RO vessels, analyzing collected data and reporting back to clients.
- Preparation of monitoring systems
- Bachelor/Master degree (hbo/wo) in Maritime engineering / Naval Architecture / higher maritime college.
- Preferably 1-5 years experience in the maritime/offshore industry.
- More than average interest in electronics and ICT
- Dedicated and experience in similar roles, or willing to learn.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Team player with a collaborative approach, maintaining high standards and good work ethics.
- Self-starter with a ‘hands-on’ and ‘can-do’ mentality with an eye for details.
- Excellent communicator and bridge-builder.
- Fluent in English (verbally and in written).
- Willingness to travel on an irregular basis.
- Technical, commercial and pro-active attitude.
- Independent, accurate and problem-solving thinking.
- Sense of adventure.
What we offer:
- Inspirational and innovative working environment in a dynamic small company.
- Freedom to develop the roll you want to grow in to.
- Ample traveling opportunities.
- Competitive salary.
If you do not tick all the boxes but still think you would be perfect for this role? Send your resume anyway! We can teach knowledge, not mindset.
Please note: only candidates eligible to live and work in the EU will be considered for this position and an assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information please contact Albert Lenting via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 596-620997.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.